Truckers Occupational Accident/Contingent Liabilility : Underwriting (TX)
To begin the underwriting process please click here. Upon completion of this information please email or fax this to:
- Listed below are some important questions regarding eligibility of risk:
- Are there trucking segments or trucks which OneBeacon will not write? Restricted Groups Include: Hazardous (nuclear or other) materials or waste, Logging and lumbering operations, Moving and storage operations, Sand, gravel or any type of aggregate hauler, Bulk carrier or tank operations, Couriers, messengers or livery, PEO's, driver leasing or temporary services.
- Will OneBeacon write employee drivers? Employee drivers are covered by the Motor Carrier's Workers Compensation program.
- Will OneBeacon write casual laborers, lumpers, etc? These are excluded from coverage.
- Are there age-limitations for Independent Contractors covered by the program? There are no age limitations in the policy regarding eligibility for coverage. There are however, changes to the Accidental Death and Dismemberment, TTD and CTD coverage structure for drivers over age 65.
- What is the minimum number of Independent Contractors required to purchase an Occupational Accident Program? MarketScout's program is for 10-24 drivers. For risk with less than 10 or more than 24 drivers, we can access other OneBeacon programs for coverage.
- Will OneBeacon write Contingent Liability? OneBeacon can write Contingent Liability insurance for 10+ drivers on a pay on behalf basis. Certain states may have access to Contingent Liability coverage.